The 2016 Phelps Sauerkraut Weekend is in full swing …and we are looking for 2nd & 3rd Grade Boys and Girls that would like to represent Phelps in the 50th Annual Sauerkraut Weekend!
Click here to download the 2016 Royalty Pamphlet application.
Before completing the form, please read over the responsibilities and the summer schedule, and make sure that you are available for all dates.
The Sauerkraut Weekend Committee asks that you treat this as a commitment. Both Children and Parents will have shared responsibilities which are listed here in the pamphlet.
It is the sole responsibility of the Sauerkraut Royalty and their parents to do the following tasks. They have the full support of the Sauerkraut Weekend Committee and the Phelps BDTC office.
- Build a Float for Sauerkraut Weekend
- Find Cars for Sulfur Springs Parade
- Receive donations for parade float decorating and candy to throw.
- Write a Thank You to each of the Merchants and locals that donate their time, money or supplies towards activities.
- Ensure royalty is at each of the events listed on their schedule.
Schedule of Events
- 2015 Royalty Drawing – 3/26/2016 at 11:15 am at Phelps Community Center (during Easter Egg Hunt, must be present)
- 2015 Coronation Ceremony– 4/21/2016 at 7pm at Phelps Community Center
- Clifton Springs Sulfur Springs Parade – 6/4/2016 at 6pm
- Sauerkraut Weekend Past/Present Royalty Event 6/5/2016
- Sauerkraut Weekend Parade 8/6/2015 at 4pm
- Sauerkraut Weekend Cake Cutting Ceremony – 8/6/2015 at 7pm
- Sauerkraut Weekend Kiddie Parade – 8/7/2015 at 12 pm 2017 Royalty Drawing – TBD
- 2017 Coronation Ceremony – TBD