All the Boards meet at the Phelps Town Court/Meeting Facility, 1331 Rt. 88, Phelps.
- Town Zoning Board meets the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Town Planning Board meets the 4th Thursday of the month.
- Town Board Meetings are the 2nd Monday of each month.
APPLYING FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
Anyone wishing to obtain a marriage license must have the following information with them when they come into the Clerk’s office:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card or know your number
- Divorce Papers for as many times as you have been married & divorced.
- Both the bride and groom must be present to complete the license. The cost of the license is $40.00. The Town accepts either a personal check or cash.
TRANSFER STATION VIDEO
Transfer_Station_0001 (This file will take a few minutes to download – please be patient).
YOUR DOG LICENSES ARE RENEWABLE EVERY YEAR.
Effective January 1, 2010: All dogs in the Town of Phelps, unless otherwise exempted* by New York State Agriculture and Markets Law, must be licensed with the Town Clerk of the Town of Phelps by the age of four (4) months. The licensing fees are as follows:
- Spayed or neutered dog – $14.00 plus a surcharge of $1.00 for a total of $15.00
- Unspayed or an unneutered dog – $20.00 plus a surcharge of $3.00 for a total of $23.00
The owner of each dog required to be licensed shall, for new applications and renewal applications, obtain, complete and return to the Town Clerk: A dog license application; The license application fee; Any applicable license surcharges; Such additional fees as may be established by the Town Board of the Town of Phelps; Proof that the dog has been vaccinated against rabies or a statement from a licensed veterinarian that such vaccination would endanger the dog’s life in which case vaccination shall not be required; In the case of a spayed or neutered dog, a certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian or an affidavit signed by the owner, showing that the dog has been spayed or neutered, provided such certificate or affidavit shall not be required if the same is already on file with the Town Clerk. In lieu of the spay or neuter certificate, an owner may present a statement certified by a licensed veterinarian stating that he or she has examined the dog and found that, because of old age or other reason, the life of the dog would be endangered by spaying or neutering. In such case, the license fee for the dog shall be the same as for a spayed or neutered dog.
Fines for Unlicensed dogs are as follows:
- $25 for first violation
- $50 for second violation within 5 years
- $100 or imprisonment for not more than fifteen days, or both for persons found to have committed two or more such violations within the preceding five years
*Exempted dogs include guide dog; hearing dog; service dog; war dog; working search dog; detection dog; police work dog; and therapy dog.
TOWN WATER AND SEWER BILLS
Town of Phelps Water Bills are sent to residents in the months of January, April, July and October. They are due by the 20th of that month. If the bills are not paid by the 20th of the month a 10% late fee is assessed to the amount due.
The Town of Phelps Sewer Bills are sent quarterly. They are due by the 20th of that month. If the bills are not paid by the 20th of the month a 10% late fee is assessed to the amount due.
If you have any questions regarding these bills, please contact Barb Middlebrook, Town Bookkeeper.